Crowns, Bridges and Veneers
If you have a damaged or decayed tooth, we can help you choose the best solution. Crowns and bridges are custom-fitted tooth prosthesis that function and look like natural, heathy teeth. Veneers are a less invasive alternative, but may be only a solution for those with slight tooth damage or discoloration. There thin porcelain or resin shells are customized for your smile and are bonded to the surface of your teeth.
A crown, otherwise known as a cap, is custom-fitted to your bite and is placed over your natural tooth or dental implant.
- We will reduce the problematic tooth for a proper crown fit
- A digital image or impression will be taken of your tooth for a crown fabrication
- The color of porcelain prosthetics can then be customized
- In many cases with CAD/CAM technology we have the ability to place your crown the same day
- If an impression is necessary, you will be fitted for a temporary crown until the lab makes your permanent one. You will then come in again for the permanent crown fitting.
Same Day Crown Restorations (CAD/CAM Dentistry):
Is it difficult for you to schedule multiple visits because of family and work obligations? Wouldn't it be nice to have a complete crown or filling done, from start to finish in one day with no temporary crown to worry about?
My staff and I have extensive training in this new field and have found that our patients appreciate that we can in most cases eliminate the need for the 2 appointments necessary for conventional crowns. Not only is it more convenient, it is also a more comfortable process because we use digital imaging to scan the tooth instead of taking a traditional impression. Scanning the tooth also increases the accuracy of the restoration which greatly reduces the need for adjustments and remakes. And, with all of this being done in one visit, no temporary crowns are needed, thereby saving you from taking more time off from your busy life.
"I can't believe it only took 2 hours to get a crown. In the past I had to come back multiple days. There was no tenderness at all and I could go right back to normal chewing and use!"
To replace a missing tooth that has neighboring teeth with decay and/or large fillings, or a tooth that has been missing for a long time.
-Types of bridges
- Traditional- crowns are bonded over teeth that lie on either side of the missing one
- Cantilever- A crown is bonded over a single tooth next to the missing one
- Resin bonded- porcelain or resin teeth that are supported by “wings”
If you are looking to cosmetically correct or enhance the appearance of one or more teeth, we suggest veneers. They are very thin, porcelain or resin shells that you can customize in color and shape. They are non-invasive and are resistant to future stains.
-Common uses for veneers:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misshapen or irregular teeth
- Teeth that do not respond to traditional whitening treatments